Who are these qualifications for?
The 3 day Award in Coaching is designed for people in their first management roles, including team leaders, supervisors and junior managers.
This programme is ideal for people looking to develop their knowledge, confidence and ability to coach people as part of their normal working role.
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Understand the context for effective workplace coaching
- Understand the process and content of effective workplace coaching
- Assess own abilities and characteristics as a workplace coach
- Reflect on own communication and interpersonal skills when coaching
- Review coaching reflections and plan for future development needs
- Plan and organise workplace coaching sessions
- Undertake at least six hours effective workplace coaching activity
- Summarise and analyse a period of formal coaching within workplace using stakeholder feedback
Learn in a relaxed environment within the beautiful Stirlingshire Countryside. Our training centre is based in the heart of farmland, with loads of outdoor space to stretch your legs and take learning outdoors.
Our brain friendly programmes engage and energise delegates using techniques which stimulate sensory and experiential learning to give enhanced development, improved recall, and therefore better results. You will also complete a variety of psychometric profiles which will allow you to better identify your strengths and potential weaknesses when it comes to your communication style, which in turn, will allow you to develop your coaching skills.
This ILM programme will have a mixture of activities, group work and opportunities for personal reflection. We will work through all aspects of the ILM qualification, involve ourselves in demonstrations of coaching practice, practice our coaching skills on others using live issues and challenges, receive coaching from other practising coaches, critically review our abilities and seek to improve and develop our individual abilities.
Through a range of exercises and review sessions, we will ensure that the learning is tied back to your role as a coach and mentor. This programme can be delivered in a standard 3 day classroom format, with additional resource sharing and online homework, or alternatively we can deliver in a blended style, with a variety of classroom days, remote sessions using video conferencing software and online learning modules.