At work, people express and receive appreciation in different ways. If you try to express appreciation in ways that aren’t meaningful to your co-workers, they may not feel valued at all. This is because you and your co-workers are speaking different languages. In The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace, Dr. Chapman and Dr. White will help you identify the five languages of appreciation in order to:
- Express genuine appreciation to co-workers and staff — even on a tight budget.
- Increase loyalty with the employees and volunteers in your organisation.
- Reduce cynicism and create a more positive work environment.
- Improve your ability to show appreciation for difficult colleagues.
- Convey the language of physical touch in appropriate ways.